The Finance Department is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
The Town of Waterbury seeks to contract with a new secretary for the Planning Commission and the Development Review Board (DRB). The secretary will take minutes for the Planning Commission and take minutes and format the decisions on development projects for DRB. The Planning Commission currently meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. and the DRB meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. The meetings typically last approximately two hours with the DRB meetings occasionally lasting up to three hours. The secretary is paid a flat rate of $80.00 per meeting. The Town is seeking to contract with a secretary as soon as possible. E-mail or mail a cover letter including your interest in the position, qualifications and contact information:
28 N. Main Street, Suite 1
Waterbury, VT 05676
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Program Coordinator Department: Recreation
Status: Full-time hourly with benefits
Salary: up to $50,000
The Program Coordinator will develop, implement, and supervise current and future recreation programs for the Town of Waterbury, including afterschool and summer programs. Program Coordinator will work directly with students to provide a safe, responsible, well-supervised afterschool and summer programs. The position is responsible for implementing lesson planning and activities, a positive learning environment, establishing a positive rapport with students and guardians, co-workers, and preparing materials and supplies.During the summer, the Program Coordinator will also be a Camp Director at the Waterbury Recreation Summer Camp.
In addition, the Program Coordinator will complete associated administrative and customer service tasks, as well as assist with community events and/or projects.
The Program Coordinator will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of programs
- Evaluates the program daily to suggest improvement, needs, hazards, and/or trends to Recreation Director for further evaluation
- Handle communications with the community in a timely manner
- Develop and adjust programming to best serve community needs
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, and training of program staff
- Administrative work pertaining to programs, participants, and municipal process
- Maintain supplies, equipment, and materials in support of athletic and recreation programs
- Attend and assist with municipal community events
- Assist with facility inquiries and rentals
The Program Coordinator will need to have:
- Necessary verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and with others
- The ability to supervise seasonal staff
- The ability to serve, communicate with, and work with a diverse population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe programs (preferred)
- Experience with MyRec.com software (preferred)
- Must pass criminal background check and fingerprinting
Education and Experience:
The Program Coordinator must have:
- 2 years of related experience, preferably in a position supervising programs and other staff, OR
- A combination of experience and education that may be considered equivalent to the previous requirement – College work in a related area (Recreation, Athletics, Education, Business, Public Administration) is helpful; an Associate’s Degree at minimum is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Lifeguard certification (preferred)
- Candidate shall pursue and obtain these certifications, if not presently certified
Interested applicants should complete an Employment Application and send to Katarina Lisaius (klisaius@) with their cover letter and resume. Application deadline is September 29, 2023. waterburyvt.com
Waterbury Recreation Afterschool is a licensed-exempt afterschool program.We are looking for fun, energetic, and motivated staff to join our team for the 2023-2024 afterschool program!
If you want to find out more about what these positions entail - please look at the descriptions below. Ready to apply? Contact Recreation Director klisaius@ and begin paperwork with the Employment Application linked below. waterburyvt.com
Employment application (waterburyvt.com)
POSITION: AFTERSCHOOL STAFF
- Supervises students and ensures their safety and general well-being
- Maintains a schedule for students
- Lead various small and large group activities (can include planning and implementation of academic, enrichment, health, and recreational experiences)
- Ensure the cleanliness of the site
- Work effectively with students in afterschool activities and assist with behavior management, resolution of disputes, and act as a role model
- Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your students at all times.
- Supports environments that are safe and healthy
- Makes sure that students are having FUN!
Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be at least 16 years old or older to apply
- Enjoys being in the company of children
- Loves the outdoors
Important To Know:
- Our Afterschool Program runs Monday - Friday from August 28 – December 20 (and restarts in the new year)
- Staff hours are flexible between 2:30pm – 6:00pm.
- Staff will be active all day long and outside as much as possible
- Wages start at $16/hr, and are commensurate with experience