NOTE 1: PARK ROW INTERSECTION: Park Row West (State Office Complex side) will be temporarily closed from the intersection at South Main Street to Randall Street on the following days: November 22, November 25, the morning of November 27, December 2-5. The underground conduit connection will cross Park Row between segments 2 and 3 (between #81 South Main Street and #87 South Main Street). This work will take several days, and will be contingent on weather conditions.
Traffic will be redirected through the State Drive entrance and Randall Street to Elm Street. A uniformed traffic officer will be present along with flaggers to assist vehicles at these intersections. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Park Row West will be open to traffic at the end of each workday and over the weekend.
NOTE 2: PLANNED WATER SHUT-OFF in segments 1 & 2. See details below.
NOTE 3: To observe the Thanksgiving holiday, construction activities will stop by noon on Wednesday, November 27 and will resume on Monday December 2.
Segment 1. Railroad bridge by Dac Rowe to Stowe Street
· One lane alternating traffic may be present at the entrance to the municipal building and library at 28 North Main Street over the next few weeks as a large sand filter for storm water is constructed. Vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained.
· Stowe Street to Winooski Street: There is a planned water shut-off on Tuesday, November 26th ALL DAY for properties from #1-#21 North Main Street. Affected residents and businesses have received early notice of the water shut-off and will receive final confirmation on Monday morning the 25th. Always have extra water stored for drinking, handwashing, flushing, etc.
Segment 2. Stowe Street to Park Row including Elm and Foundry Streets
· Temporary paving will be taking place over the next 2 weeks along Main Street.
· South Main Street between Elm Street and Foundry Street: Storm drain work is taking place on 12/2 and 12/3. The water service connections will be made on 11/25. Properties may lose water for a short time when the individual service connections are made. Flush water when it comes back on. It will be safe to consume.
· Elm Street and Bank Hill: Businesses and residents on Elm Street and Bank Hill, Elm Street side. Planned water shut-off on Tuesday November 26th ALL DAY. Affected residents and businesses have received early notice and will receive a final confirmation on Monday, November 25th. Always have extra water stored for drinking, washing, flushing, etc.
· Elm Street: Closed to thru traffic when water line connection takes place on Tuesday November 26th. This work will take place at the intersection of Elm and Main Street.
Segments 3 and 4. Park Row to the end of the project
· The roadway and properties will be prepared for winter shutdown.
The schedule for the construction areas and type of work is contingent on weather, equipment, supplies and a variety of circumstances. Businesses and residents will have pedestrian access at all times.